Bourne Legacy

So finally after a month, we finally saw Bourne Legacy. The week it came out I was busy so wasn't able to watch it. Then the reviews came, and the reviews says it's average. Now I'm a fan of the Bourne franchise. Love Matt Damon's portrayal of the introverted, calculated Jason Bourne. So hearing the reviews was bit of a let down. But still I have to see the Manila scenes in the movie, which have disrupted our metro for just a few weeks because of the shooting. I didn't expect it to show until now, but it's still in Robinson's Place Manila. Overall the movie is promising and a potentially good franchise of Bourne. Here are some more thoughts about the movie.
  • First half of the movie was a slow drag, I was like where's the action?
  • Love the Manila scenes especially the chase scenes. Manila is depicted as a cramped, chaotic, rustic/vibrant place, and I love it. Sometimes the motorcycle acrobatics was a bit overdone but I can let go of it.
  • The Thai assassin's death was obviously CG.
  • Joan Allen top bills the cast as Pamela Landy, appears at the end of the movie, with just a few lines?
  • Aaron Cross' personality is far from Jason Bourne. The more you let go of Jason Bourne, the more you appreciate Aaron Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment