Update on me

It's a sunny Friday morning, but we still haven't risen up from bed yet. Well, I have risen up from bed to catch up on my blog. It's been a while since I've written on this blog, first switching from one blog app to another, then totally not writing at all because of busyness. Well, I'm back, just for now. I realize I've lost this intimate time with myself to write about what I think. Being a not so talkative person, this is my way of "processing" the information and the experiences I go through everyday.

Anyway, so what's up with me? What's keeping me busy? Well, after summer 2012, my wife and I have committed to a local Chi Alpha chapter in Manila University Belt. Before this, we've been praying for some local involvement. Personally I feel that I need some fresh credibility, after stopping from hands-on local campus ministry four years ago. To make the story short, by the end of the summer, God opened up some opportunities and we took hold of it.

Today we're sort of leading the campus ministry in the university belt. "Sort of" I was tasked as lead campus worker though we're only present twice a week in the campus because of work. Though God hasn't allowed this sliver of time to go wasted. Currently I'm personally handling four small groups or discipleship groups with students from PUP, UE, CEU, UM, TUP, FEU, UST and NU.

At work, I was just recently permitted to go to office twice a week. This is to give me more time in the campus. This was truly a favor we've been praying to God. Thank God because He never fails his children.

To tell you honestly, I'm currently struggling with managing my time lately. Having my hands on a lot of things: two ministries: University Belt and National Chi Alpha, work, and my freelance work, to put on top of that, nurturing my family (Nette and I) and my Time Alone with God. I believe this can be time-managed because I've been through more commitments in the past. I just have to sit this one down and put things in detail and schedule. Pray for me will you?

Thank God his grace always abounds. Had a time of refreshing yesterday with God. Spent time in prayer. Then went out for a quick jog at The Fort. My legs sore but it's a good sore.

It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. - Ephesians 1:11

No comments:

Post a Comment