Is it worth it?

Each day is a gift of grace. His mercies are new every morning. Just like the metro, no matter how much we pollute it in a day, tomorrow is a fresh clean air. Thank you, Lord for your gift of today.

Yesterday, I went home quite tired and sweating. The latter because somehow the evening's climate gone high? But it rained hard in the afternoon. The former, before I went to university belt, I went to LTO office to have my licensed duplicated. Last Tuesday, I lost my wallet. Either that or I was a victim of pick-pocketing. So I lost all my IDs, ATMs, a Credit Card and who knows what will bite me later when I remember it.

I had to leave the LTO office before I can pick-up my license because I have a DGroup appointment at 2PM. I arrived a few minutes before. Eliza, my co-worker is already waiting for me to open the gate. It was a good DGroup with Mia, Chester and Pauly. Today I taught about developing your TAWG-Time Alone with God. I think TAWG that is prayer and reading the Word of God daily, is a non-negotiable habit of a Christ-follower.

My 5PM DGroup was postponed because most were not available. So I stayed for a while at the center,  hang out with students until it was time to go home. Took an FX going to Megamall. It was the usual going-home routine when I'm by myself. FX, get off at Samat St., take a Bus to Guadalupe, walk over an overpass, take a jeep home.

In the FX, I dozed off a few times which was rare, that was because I was so tired. The moments of aloneness and solitude allowed me to think about the day that has been. I need times like these, once in a while. Reflecting on the exhaustion, which also can be attributed to my jog the day before, which was first after a while; reflecting on my exhaustion, I thought to myself, "Is it worth it?" Is what I'm doing (student ministry) worth it? When giving out seem to overcast the taking in? Thank God I am able to put things in perspective, it was a unique day altogether, and physical exhaustion can take toll on your emotional as well. I told myself, "yes, it's worth it." I remember the story of the boy who were "saving" starfishes by throwing them into the ocean one starfish at a time. Every soul counts, and I've said it to myself before, whatever I can offer to God in my power to give, for the cause of students' salvations, I'd give it. This is one of them.

When I arrived home, I posted in FB: "When the question "Is it worth it?" rears its ugly head, remember, Jesus 2000 years ago thought you're worth it." It was a quick dash to the secret place to recharge and replenish my soul.

In my TAWG, I found Paul's prayer to the Ephesian church which I adopted as my prayer to the students who are with me this semester: "I pray for you constantly, asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God." - Eph 1:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment