Donald Sutherland on what inspires him

I was reading GQ magazine and came across an interview with Donald Sutherland, or President Snow in Hunger Games. I like reading interviews about interesting people. And when asked what inspires him, his response struck me and got stuck in my mind:

Now, tell me who inspires you.
[another long pause] When people ask me where I live, I say, "I live with my wife." I don't know whether I live in Paris, New York, or Miami. I live with my wife. My inspiration, my judgment, it comes from my wife. She has...truth. And it's humbling. And so it's necessary that whatever exertions I make meet with her...not necessarily her approval, but at least her acceptance. Would you say that's true? [looks to Francine] Oh, I so love you. God! [back to me] Come, let's look at the garden. (http://www.gq.com/entertainment/celebrities/201411/donald-sutherland-hunger-games?currentPage=2)

It raised up questions of my own:
  • What inspires you? What makes you passionate about what you do? 
  • Do you and your spouse inspire each other to become better spouse to each other? To become better people?

No comments:

Post a Comment