Campus Ministry Kicks Off

This afternoon was the launching of our Campus Carecell in Downtown Manila.

In the morning I was busy working at a project. I was in a designer mode. My design juices had finally start to flow since the night before. I woke up a little late, because I slept late. That's how I am when struck with idea, it wouldn't wait till the next day because I might lost it.

It was nearing 12PM, and it is my prayer & fasting time. This time of prayer is very important, because 2 hours later will be the kick-ff of the campus cellgroups. It seems difficult to let go of the keyboard and mouse when there's so much idea going on. And to add to that I am in a struggle to focus on Him.

The day before I and Brznf went to Campus Crusade to purchase Purpose Driven Life books to be given to the students in the campus cellgroups. As I dropped by at McDonalds that day in two separate times. I began to worry about the restaurant's management if they would allow us to do cellgroups there. Because I have heard stories of cellgroups being scolded for meeting there for the sake of meeting, not eating.

Thank God for friends who are praying for me.

I was reminded of a passage in 2 Corinthians that says today is the day of God's favor, today is the day of salvation (2Co 6:2). I prayed that God would strengthen my spirit. Victory is at hand.

I came to McDonald's (that's where we meet) to see there are no students from campus ministry yet. I was shaken. But soon enought, they started pouring in. Our campus cells are grouped by schools, there are two at present - Chiang Kai Shek College and Metropolitan Nursing College. We had to make two groups for the Chiang Kai Campus because there were to many students to handle by one cell leader in this setting. All in all there were 13 students who came.

I got a chance to pray with some of the students and listen to their life stories, problems at home and in the family and their desire to pursue the campus ministry.

Tomorrow, I will be going to Parada National High School in Valenzuela City, north of Manila to launch another campus ministry there. I hear there will be a lot of students who are interested in joining the campus.

Next week will be our Purpose Driven Life Book Distribution.

O Jesus, I want to see your name be lifted high in the campuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment