Life of Pi



I just finished reading "Life of Pi" - a novel by Yann Martel. A good book, a must read. Talks about the life of an Indian boy named Pi, his family as they travel across the Pacific with their zoo. Unfortunate fate hit them as their ship capsized leaving Pi, an orangutan, a hyena, a zebra and a Bengal tiger in a lifeboat.

My eyes caught this book many times in the bookstore until I purchased them. I was frustrated by a slow pace in the first part but after that it was mildly engrossing. The end had a surprise twist - left you hanging in thought. A very good story, but I wouldn't credit it to the author, because this was taken from accounts of the real survivor Pi.

I wish someone has read it so I can discuss my thoughts on this book. Posted by Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment