First Day of School

It was the first day I went to bible school. I left earlier in the afternoon. I had to go and resume my gym. After almost a month of idleness to go to gym, I finally decided to return and get those muscles pumping. It was refreshing. I'm back on track. Left gym at 3:30PM. Bought a notebook and took the train to bible school.

I came in rather early so I stopped by KFC to have an early dinner. Came in just on time. My classmates were rather an adult bunch which comprised of Indians, Koreans and Filipinos. I was the youngest of the group. A couple of yuppies and the rest were in their 40's above. My professor in Romans to Revelation, Pastor Bagalawis, started to round us off and asked to introduce ourselves. He started on the other side of the room, I was one of the last who would be speaking... my heart was pounding.

It seemed I felt out of place at first. I almost wanted to cry like a lost kid. I am at my early twenties. I am the only one from Assembly of God. I wore teeny clothes. I figured tomorrow, I'll wear more mature clothes to blend in. Maybe I'll get some glasses, besides, I've been whining about how my not-so-good vision is giving me headache.

So there, it was my turn. "My name is Patrick Tan, I'm from Binondo Assembly of God. I'm currently in youth ministry. I'm currently the youth ministry leader. This is my first class in this school." I spoke loudly, as to impress the folks, but still my heart was pounding so hard it could have jumped out across the room.

Then our prof laid out our course outline. Whoa it was overwhelming. Good that I listened to my adviser about taking only few subjects, because one subject alone had so much book reading, assignments and more book reading.

The second half of our class already started our first lesson - Paul's letter to the Romans. It was very insightful, we still haven't got passed chapter one. My professor knows what he is talking about. I'm sure I will learn many many things from him. The class discussion was participated by only a few people, some who have known my professor before. At one time I tried raising my hand to give a comment, but I noticed my hand was half-raised to none at all. I lost the opportunity when someone gave my answer... Well, maybe next time.

We ended early, but it has just started. I would be going home with book readings and assignments.

All in all, the first class was very promising. It would take effort and proper planning in order to smoothly juggle my work, my ministry and now my studies. I am ready to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment