It's two days after Christmas. Still nothing to do. My banaue trip has been cancelled due to lack of people who will go with me. I don't like it when people say they will come with you and the next thing they won't. It dampens my adventurer spirit.

Christmas day wasn't exciting either. We had our grandparent's family reunion at our house. Not all my cousins came. Things are very different now, when the family has grown older. I miss my childhood Christmas. When everybody is there, gifts, noche buena and the happiness of being togeter. Now it's different. My grandma is no longer here, my grandfather is sick and unable to speak and understand. Each of my mother's siblings already lived on far places. Each cousins have grown up and grown cold with each other. I remember I have two cousins who were nearly as same age as me and we get along together when we were kids. But after they moved to another place and seldom see them, I became estranged to them. Lots of things have changed, and I long for those old moments to return. But I guess it's already impossible. Just take it like a grown man.

God I really miss those times. I hope that when I have my own family, we will have our own get together with my parents and brother's family, together with my friends' families.

No comments:

Post a Comment