Been quite busy this past few days so I can't blog.

It's funny.. or rather so absent-minded of me right now. I'm in the library this early, because of my morning class at 8AM. Last week I was late, I need to really get on time today. But when I arrived, there was no one there. Then I just remembered our professor is not coming in today because she has to go to the John Maxwell Graduation happening in Word of Hope.

But it's good though. Now I can blog and write everything about the pass few days.

This week is our Book of Hope events came to pass. Monday we distributed Book of Hope at Metropolitan Hospital College of Nursing. Tuesday, we did Hope Christian High School, Jin Nan Institute, and Lorenzo Ruiz Academy. Wednesday, we headed to Manila Patriotic Academy.

Our team is composed of volunteers from our local church & youth, and 11 Affect Destiny volunteers from United States. They are so cool. Ate Angie Tud and Kuya Wilbert Lojo coordinated for us on this project.

The Hopefest event which happened last Tuesday afternoon (5PM-6:30PM) was a success. I am really thankful to God that He is so faithful: It was at 4:45PM when students from Lorenzo Ruiz Academy was dismissed and just then we handed out Book of Hopes outside the school because we weren't allowed inside. 5PM, only 1 student present from MHCN. The following seconds became gruelling and long as I struggled and thought what would happen if no one came. But after a few minutes the students started coming in and we started at 5:30PM with 26 student visitors. Praise God! We had bands, a skit and promoted our Friday fellowship called SFX - Student Fellowship Xtreme. And the Word of God was shared through testimony and a short message. 17 students gave their life to Jesus that night. After the service it was some another hour of getting to know the students and inviting them to return on Friday.

Aside from our church outreach, I am also volunteered for Gospel Church in Manila to distribute Book of Hopes in Tondo High School yesterday. Their classes are like so large, around 80-100 students per class that I have to shout and really project my voice. Today after lunch I will go to Pamantasang Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM) with 3 of the youth leaders to help again.

Tomorrow I have Sun Yat Sen High School to do Book of Hope. SFX in the evening and Art Attack - bridging event for preschool and elementary students on Saturday morning.

Please, please, please, pray strength and clarity of mind for me and my team.

To God be the glory! Great things He has done!
So lovely the world that He gave us His Son
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin
And open the lifegate that all may go in

No comments:

Post a Comment