Yesterday me and my folks went to Mall of Asia to see Superman. Superman is OK. Pros first. I liked the planecrash scene early in the movie where we get the first glimpse of Superman saving the world again. Casting is also good (Except for Lex Luthor, Kevin Spacey's face is too nice). I'm divided in raving for this movie, because one I don't wanna be a pooper since everyone's raving on it. But the other side of me (talk about alter-ego, ahem) is not so bought-in to the movie. Spider-Man 2 (and Batman Begins) far better achieves the exploration of human emotion, which I believe has got its kick from Spider-Man 1 in building its character foundation. So I guess we'll have to wait for Superman 2. Like I wrote earlier, I was really caught into the planecrash scene (a catastrophe of magnitude proportions!!) but then the camera zooms too soon into the characters. By the end of the movie, I thought that the ability of Superman was unbelievable because he can win everything, except against Kryptonite. (Similar to Mano-o-Mano bout where all the Filipino boxers and Pacquiao won, where's the excitement in that?) Superheroes must have some human weakness and vulnerability, though technically he is not human. But who cares. Guess what's my phone's wallpaper and ringtone, hehe. Also, the movie (and Superman) is so allegorical of Jesus in a sense that they both came to be the "savior" of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment