["Ayawan Na": Taken during the Church-based Campus Ministry Consultation in Baguio City last February 2. More pics here.]

This evening we at Book of Hope had this event called Hope Celebration wherein we invite our supporters and friends for a dinner treat and program to show appreciation to them. This was my first time to be in one. It was held in Holiday Inn in Ortigas. It was fun. I was encouraged by the message of Bob Hoskins, founder of BOH, on how God's Word has moved in the lives of the youth and the nations. It reaffirms and encourages me to go on pursuing the task that God has called me to. The whole program was smooth. Even the testimonies of the people touched by BOH were encouraging.

This morning naman, I had a great time with the students I do bible study with in Universidad de Manila. We met at Annie's place, because it was her mom's birthday. We had a fun time during our discussion about "Understanding the Opposite Sex" in time for Valentines. Great time, great food. Before I left for Ortigas, we had a chance to pray for her mom who is by the way already 60 years old.

This past few days I've been experiencing body aches when I wake in the morning. I noticed it began when I started going back to office. It's not the stress in the office, I think it's the long drive from house to office to school...

This evening also, I was able to meet Councilor of 5th District of Manila Boy Isip. We've been trying to get in touch with him in City Hall late last year in order to get recommendations to get through UDM gates. I was amazed when he and his wife was there in Hope Celebration. And Kuya James knows them! Kuya James is one of the BOH field workers and within this month they are distributing BOH in UDM! Wow, God is really good! He was able to reintroduce me to them again, now with much attention (because last time they were like not to interested in us). Praise God!

These past few days are joyful days, my hands are full in ministering to the youth and it's really a blessing. Netty's taking two days off now in her dental work and she's also ministering to youth. She'll join me when I go to UDM. She's really great, being supportive and all. With the Valentines season around the corner, it's been a discussion among the youth, and I always tell them how a relationship becomes a blessing when instead of pulling away from God, that love relationship draws both man and woman to Him. And it's so true.

Prayer requests:
  • Favor from Councilor Boy Isip for recommendation to do campus ministry inside Universidad de Manila.
  • Physical strength and stamina
  • Me and Netty
  • Growth in ministry and leaders

No comments:

Post a Comment