Definitions in Daily Life: Irony

After church we stopped in downtown Caloocan for an early dinner at KFC. Beside our table were a 40-something woman with a kid and a 80-something feeble old man. From their conversation I suppose that they are father and daughter. As we begin to eat, the daughter says to the old man, "Pa, magsisimba lang ako, dito ka lang 'wag kang aalis (Pa, I'm going to church, just sit here and don't go anywhere" something like that. Then as she goes out of the door she "entrusts" the old man to the guard to look after him while she catches the evening mass, like how you leave your stuff to the bag/stuff depot when you go to the supermarket. The poor man just sits there, slowly finishing what's left of his spaghetti. As we finish a hefty bucket meal and leave, the "pious" daughter is yet to return. Sad. I was like, I wouldn't do that to my parents and my children will not do this to me.

"Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you." ~ Yahweh (Exodus 20:12)

"If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." ~ Paul of Tarsus (1 Timothy 5:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment