The Hard-Beaten Path

Sometime today I thought what a burden a pastor/shepherd carries when his flock turns against him, when they criticize him, it's almost unbearable, unfruitful and can even be deadly. I fear for the time when it's my turn, whether would I be able to handle it with grace and finish the race. Suddenly I had this desire that the Lord would take me or that He would come already. A hard-beaten path we have chosen, but there's assurance that at the end of that road He waits for His hard-beaten warrior, falling at His feet, weary to the point of death but nevertheless remained faithful to the end.

"For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." ~ Paul of Tarsus (2Ti 4:6-8)


I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment