Kairos moment

[Was written the Friday before posting]

Luke 19:44, "Because you did not recognize the time of your visitation ..."

Jesus wept for Jerusalem and warned her of her destruction because she did not recognize (to respond favorably) the time of her visitation from the Lord. Such is true in our life (I would like to believe that this pertains to all aspects of our life) that there are pockets of vistation that come our way. They are not just mere conincidence of opportunities--but such are divinely appointed. The kairos moment--the time opportune in Greek. A time when the Lord offers an invitation to walk in faith with Him. Sometimes the destination may not be in sight or at a distance, the path may be hard-beaten. These are times when trust and faith come at the forefront.

Visitations are time-bound. Like a limited time offer (but not too cheap). Kairos moments comes for a season and soon that season will pass. And failing to recognize and respond could mean lost opportunities, disobedience, demise, deterioration, stagnation, mediocrity and regret. I don't want to fail in recognizing and responding to every kairos moment that comes my way. Lord stir my heart to see what you see. I must lay aside those that entagle me and make me unfit for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment