Being faithful in small things

[Written Friday before this posting]

Luke 19:17, "Well done, good slave, because you have been faithful in a very little thing, you are to be in authority over ten cities."

I heard one commentary that relates this passage in terms of our life on earth being the "very little thing" and our life in eternity with Jesus the reward for who we lived on earth. Indeed my life today is just a "very little thing" compared to eternity that I will spend--with or apart from Christ. Therefore, my destination will be determined by what I do today. I cannot arrive to where I want to go by just think about it or wish about it. My destiny is determined by my choices and habits today. I need to start developing good habits. According to Rick Warren, a habit is developed in six weeks: three weeks to get used to it, three more weeks to become a habit. Bill Hybles have the same concept about accomplishing tasks.

Authority. I believe as I have read before that as Jesus' authority compels us to obey through His love and influence over us (and not through control), so shall such authority be given to those the servant who is faithful in the small things. I don't know what would that be like after this life. But if that is the reward for being faithful. Let it be so.

It's time to get my life together now.

No comments:

Post a Comment