Summer 2009 in a nutshell

Morning. I'm here today at Neri's house. Neri is Richard girlfriend who has become also a part of BFGFC Youth. She is leaving for work in Australia by the end of the month. We just had a hearty breakfast prepared by some of the YA. Last night we had an all-night karaoke night, but it was I who dozed off earlier.�

It's been a while since I had updated this blog about my life. Summer has been GREAT. Really thankful to God for the opportunities He gave me on my way. I was able to minister to the young people in various places in various ways. I was able to speak to the young people in the AG district of Occidental Mindoro. Met a couple of dedicated youth leaders there. Also was able to speak at a youth camp in Tagaytay. I was able to minister with my fellow ASCM school mates, some of them just graduated.

May was really an awesome time for me in ministry. ONEJOB hands down. ONEJOB is our national general assembly of our church (Assemblies of God, www.ag.org, www.pgcag.org) and I was given the privelege of coordinating the youth section of the event. There were about 500 young people who came from different parts of the nation. There were highs and lows but its all good. I grew up in this event as a leader. Met awesome youth leaders and youth pastors who were doing their thing in their part of the Philippines. It gave me a unique view of what the Lord is doing with the AG youth in our nation.

After ONEJOB, stayed for a week in Manila (failing to do any substantial work because of ONEJOB afterglow), then I was headed for Baguio for AIYS (Asian Institute for Youth Studies). AIYS happens every 4 years. It's their third time to do it. I was part of the 2nd batch (2004). AIYS is very dear to me because it is here that I received my calling to serve God. So coming back to AIYS brought back several memories and continued to affirm my calling as a youth minister. AIYS cannot be mentioned without Ty and Cina who were the pioneers of this (They go back to 1996 when they started their student missions in the Philippines and Asia Pacific!). AIYS is bigger now with more than 100 leaders from 11 or more countries from the Asia Pacific region. Met new friends. I almost forgot to mention the main thing why this was so memorable. Because this time I was given a slot to teach on Internet and Youth Ministry which I was a bit nervous because this was my first time to teach to an international community, but it's always a good start (I will get no where if I don't start somewhere right.)

With Summer 2009 behind me now a new season comes. I'm back in my work chair catching up on work I lost last summer. I'm also coming back to school for my last year. I was thinking of not enrolling this year because of the need to work more to raise fund for my wedding. But I realized that God will make all things beautiful in the end. He is faithful.�

As for the wedding, it's now in high gear as it's less than eight months to our wedding date. Both of us are growing restless, wanting to be together sooner, but things have to wait for the perfect time. I have this growing sadness (for lack of a lighter term) of finally saying goodbye to singleness (I assume that this is a phase right?) but great anticipation of becoming a newly-wed husband. Last week we had a great time with Kuya Chad & Ate Renee for an informal lunch/coffee time-slash-pre-marriage-counseling and I really got some awesome insights.

Please do pray for me for the following:
+ Strength and stamina for my work, school and ministry
+ Provision for my studies and my wedding
+ Holy Spirit's guidance in preparation for my wedding and decisions I and Netty have to make
+ Opportunities to serve and minister to young people in a long term way, I have something in mind already but still praying for it until its right time

No comments:

Post a Comment