Self-contemplation about not graduating on time

Why are you downcast?

Because I'm not graduating on time.

Not graduating on time.
What's your cosmic explanation of this?

God has a plan.
Maybe he wants to give me some slack so I could focus on working more for my wedding.

I feel that you can't accept that? I feel there's some resistance.

Because that wasn't the original plan. That's not what I had in mind. I thought I already had it together, i.e., graduating on time so I could move to a new season of ministry. It just sucks that it wouldn't go as I want it to go.

You know that life does not work that way.

Yes I know that. (long pause).

You know but you still won't let go.
Where is God in all of this?

He is aware. I just thought WE had it going, that was OUR plan.

Hmm. Even if its a joint plan, doesn't God have the right to do His thing for your life? Doesn't God have the slight advantage of knowing everything. Knowing your present situation and your future goings. Didn't He promised that you are not forgotten, and that you are valuable in His eyes. That even if you are not graduating on time He is still in control and in authority to speak beauty into your life. To say it plainly, you need to surrender yourself to Him and trust Him for this season of your life. You said you wanted adventure with Him. Isn't this one of the adventures--not knowing what to expect, what's next.

My mind says yes, my heart is still down. Lord, help me believe. Help me be at peace.

Be still and know that He is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment