Wait In Vain

What's up with me tonight? I'm in a senti-mode right now...

Wait In Vain
Annie Lennox

+ From the very first time I rest my eyes on you | My heart said follow through | But I know now that I'm way down on your line | But the waiting feeling's fine

+ So don't treat me like a puppet on a string | Because I know how to do my thing | Don't talk to me as if you think I'm dumb | I wanna know when you're gonna come

+ You see, I don't wanna wait in vain for your love | 'Cause summer is here and I'm still waiting there | Winter is here and I'm still waiting there

+ Like I said, it's been three years since I'm knocking on your door | And still I can knock some more | Is it crazy look, I wanna know now | For I to knock some more?

+ In life I know that there is lots of grief | But your love is my relief | Tears in my eyes burn | While I'm waiting for my turn

What's on my playlist tonight:
+ Wait in Vain - Annie Lennox
+ She Loved Me - Sarah McLachlan
+ Never Fall in Love Again - Burt Bacharach
+ Superstar - The Carpenters
+ Say You Love Me - Patti Austin
+ Solitaire - Neil Sedaka
+ Broken - Robert Downey Jr.
+ Summer Breeze - Seals and Croft
+ A Song for You - The Carpenters
+ Hurting Each Other - The Carpenters
+ Toledo - Elvis Costello

No comments:

Post a Comment