Entering Promise Land

I am learining just these past few weeks that some of my youth who graduate or are close to graduating are thinking of doing full-time ministry / going to bible school. That's great. Somehow it confirms the influence I had in them. Excited for the group of pastors that will be serving in the future. Few guidelines:
  1. Pray, pray and pray some more.
  2. Finish your bachelor degree first.
  3. Work at least for one year. Evaluate after, if God is still calling you, then go for it.
  4. Know how you will support yourself, just like Paul.
  5. No turning back!
Life in the ministry is not a bed of roses. I have my alter-ego accuse me of going to ministry just because I'm too lazy to work. Not so. Ministry is hard work. And when I hear people venture to ministry, I can't help but think I'm luring them into a world of sacrifice, suffering, no weekend rest, see-how-much-my-college-friends are making now, watching-friends-get-married-and-have-family... but most of all, and most essential, they are going to the Promised Land, a place where they had to put all their trust - TRUST - in an illogical God.
"10I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
- Paul (Philippians 4:10-13)
An illogical God for a logical man. No matter how we make sense of it, God has His mighty ways of taking You through the wilderness. An illogical God who is not a respector of persons. An illogical God who splits oceans, rains bread from heaven, turns water to wine. What a mighty God we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment