Still awake. I don't want to sleep yet. Listening to worship songs on my iPod. Swimming-swimming in my alone time with God...

My back is so slouched right now it hurts. Day 4 of my suffering from swollen hands. Itching is gone. But roughness and blisters still there.

Today I went to meet a group of nursing students from Metropolitan Hospital College of Nursing to have a quick lunch at McDonalds. They were respondents from our Hopefest last July and now are going to our weekly Saturday bible study at church. While in McDonalds I also met Sis. Girlie while she waits for her child to finish class. After that I went to school for class at 5PM.

Stayed at the library to work on book reading and assignments. During class Ma'am Marcia gave out the results of our midterm exams and i got a 96% score - 2nd highest in my class. So cool. Then received a 73% from my bible study report on Deuteronomy (because I didn't follow instructions).

During my aimless wanderings at school, a girl approached me whom I know only by face. I don't think she knows me, but I assumed she knows I am a classmate of her friend. She began to ask me about her friend, where she is. I stuttered to blurt out an answer, "She's on the 6th floor." End of conversation. After that, I thought about the significance and product of the encounter and I had no idea. But I have noticed the girl since last sem at school. Hope to have a chance to get to know her more...

I hope the girl I would end up with is already just around the corner. After watching a film-showing last Friday about "Finding the Right Partner" during Student Fellowship; an overnight phone conversation about relationship with a friend; a discussion about Joshua Harris' "Kissed Dating Goodbye," it all points out to one thing: if you decide to have a relationship, find someone who you'd choose as a wife.

Who doesn't want to have a girlfriend? It's ironic and frustrating and loser-like that a person like me would end up penniless when it comes to love. I guess you can't have all the slices of the pie. But I'm longing to find someone whom I can care for, provide for and love second to my God. Someone who will love me as I am. Someone who will share my burden for missions and ministry.

God, I know you know what's best for me. Help me to trust in You on this matter. I'm so broken right now. If you could thrust a dagger into a soul's heart, that's what I feel now God..

Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
the LORD bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is blameless.

O LORD Almighty,
blessed is the man who trusts in you.

- Sons of Korah (Psalm 84:10-12)

1 comment:

  1. well patrick i think we all experience the same struggle. but always remember that God is faithful to give you what your heart's desire. maybe you can pray about it now.

    ReplyDelete