I Need to Focus

After Jesus fed the five thousand (John 6:15-25), the people wanted Jesus to assume kingship over Jerusalem--a supposed liberator from colonial Rome. The moment Jesus knew what they wanted to do, he withdrew to the mountain--alone. Such offer can be tempting, and even misleading. Before us are lots of open doors that promises a similar destination, but often multiple open doors lead us to confusion. You struggle to choose His will from what's not, to choose the best over the good and good enough. And because Jesus knew that an earthly throne is not his true calling on earth, he withdrew once more to be with the Father who alone can reveal the plan. Lord, with all these open doors before me, my prayer is that you close one by one other doors so that only one remains--your will for me in the upcoming journey with you. I know You will reveal them to me in Your time.

"I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does." ~ Jesus of Nazareth (John 5:19-20)

No comments:

Post a Comment