Day in the Life: Week 1 2nd Sem & Firebrands Planning for 2009

Week in the Life ...

It was the first week of our class at ASCM. Thankfully my class is only Mondays and Tuesdays every week. Am taking three subjects on CE & Theology. First day did not go to class because by 12NN Monday it was so dark because of the rain clouds so decided not to risk being stranded again than come to class. Later I would learn that my Monday Theo 2 professor Dr. T will not come in until next-next-week.

Tuesday. Came to school few minutes early. Most reactive about my new haircut. And still no professor for my morning and evening class. Got dismissed early so went to Starbucks in Valero for some 'me' time and planning for youth. Starbucks' Christmas Blend are back, but why no Pepermint Mocha?? Even their yearly free planner is a bit off. After coffee time went to Netty's place. We decided to go out for a snack at Market-Market. Walked around, enjoyed the company of one another. And by late afternoon after going back to her place, I said goodbye. Took MRT and a very crowded, non-aircondition bus ride to Caloocan. Home before dinner.

This week marks our first of many planning meetings for the Firebrands. I was very inspired and challenged by what I experienced from last week's retreat at Tagaytay. And coupling with what I've learned from my church organization class with Doc Macalinao, I began to take my team through Appreciative Inquiry, a method of successive positive planning that focuses on the best practices of an organization.

First meeting, so far so good. We were able to work together to come up with our best times/practices and focus on key working areas, which some was a surprise: The essentials: Worship, Fellowship, Discipleship and Evangelism, with new additions, Personal Development, Programs and Direction. 

Can't wait to continue our planning next session. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment