2 Samuel 7

2 Samuel 7:2 & 27, "I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of God dwells within tent curtains ... I will build you a house ..."

Because of David's gratitude for what the Lord has done in his life, he decides to honor God by building Him a permanent house (temple). And by that honorific gesture God honored David, establishing his kingly lineage forever. Such a wild ambition and expansive thought, simple and childlike but overflows deep within the man after God's own heart. David thought of building God a house and He honored it.�

How far am I willing to go for God? How wild of an exploit would I do for Him? Who am I, Lord, that Thou art mindful of me? May I honor you with my life, with my heart, mind and hands. I want to please You in every way. You know Lord that my life is in Your hands. Do to it whatever pleases You.

No comments:

Post a Comment