Day in The Life: Hours before ONEJOB

It's 2:36AM. In a few hours I will be leaving for Cebu for our church affiliation's national conference called ONEJOB (www.pgcag.wordpress.com). Finally the more or less 6 months of preparations and planning will be executed in less than a week's work. Thankfully the weather has become friendlier and hopefully it goes well for the next 7 or 8 days.

I feel a bit tired now. Earlier we had our final meeting at Trinoma with 5 hours worth of bottomless iced tea and lemonade then dinner in Heaven and Eggs. Though it's just a few events that I've worked with the people I'm working with. I am confident that our teamwork will be powerful. This is my first time to lead an event (the national youth convergence) on a national scale. I'm fearful not knowing what to expect but confident and excited with the preparations and planning we've made. We are expecting 1500-2000 delegates from all over the Philippines who will be attending this event. Thankful that Kuya Sur trusts me enough with this kind of responsibility.

God continues to be faithful as my prayers for financial provision have been answered before I leave for Cebu. My prayer now is that may all the hard work pay off and He will manifest himself through each aspect of the event. He is good indeed.

Still the enemy continues to trip me now that the event is near. Tonight I've been tempted to be really, really monster angry. And the pressure and adrenaline of the coming event does not help. First by my fiance's neighbor and second our own neighbor who was hosting a drinking session who wouldn't budge as our car tries to pass through our narrow street. I reflect, it's easy to say to love thy neighbor, but indeed it takes more than words to apply it once its there. But God says remember Christ who despite his blamelessness and power suffered unjust treatment from the world but he didn't retaliate. He says love not out of our human lack but out of his overflowing love. Challenging but let me overcome.

Sleeping now. Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment