San Jose

This was an entry I wrote during my stay in San Jose, Occidental Mindoro last April:

I came to San Jose hopeful. But when I arrived there I noticed that the place was dry, hot and dusty--almost like a ghosttown, a god-forsaken land. Going around my convictions grew stronger. The young people when they get past high school would migrate to greener pastures, and some when they get past college would find work in Manila. I began to feel discouraged and hopeless for this place. But the last night God spoke to me as we worship as I seek a word from Him. "I love them too, just as I love the young people of Manila, I love them too. And you ought to serve them just as my Son humbled himself for their redemption." I asked God for forgiveness for being proud--the pride from the thought of coming from a more prestigious city, of being given more privileges and opportunities. God called me to be the servant of them, to wash their feet. That night I preached and by altar call, heavy rain poured down (after weeks of no rain they said). And so it rained during our commissioning time. God showed me that evermore nothing is impossible. He is always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment