Day in the Life: Wedding Preparations

Today Netty and I went to had my body measured for my suit for my wedding. I'm wearing a black suit (black coat, black vest, white shirt and plum-colored tie). Plum is our color motif. Anyway, I was a bit shy before the designer of my suit. Because I am ignorant at this. Somehow this time I have difficulty visualizing what I want to wear. I just want a suit (everyone else will wear barong tagalog). The trip to the tailor (what do you call that?) was a success.

After that we went to Glorietta for dinner. It's good to sit down and talk. Netty knows that these days when we talk about wedding, I get stressed out. Don't misinterpret. I want to get married. I'm excited to get married. Thinking about it, it's not the provisions that's stressing me, because I'm confident about God's provision for us. I am beginning to realize that going round and about the details was the culprit. It's something I have to face. After dinner we headed to Gloria Jeans coffee to set some dates and payables for our wedding. It went well. Actually I really appreciate Nette for doing what she's doing, those well-organized planners and list of things to do. I thought I should be doing that being a born planner, but somehow wedding planning is of a different caliber. I feel I am becoming passive-aggressive about this and other things. Something I need to change. Oh the unfruitfulness and apathy of Facebook and the web ...

If wedding preparations stresses me out. Talking about future ministry stresses her out. I am glad that we had a conversation about it. This time I was the one opening up and she was the one listening. I'm glad that I had a chance to pour my heart out about what's happening in my mind. I always thank God for having a godly and supportive spouse-to-be.

Please do continue to pray for us. Our wedding preparations (provisions) and our ministry direction. May God alone be glorified when it's all said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment