Day in the Life: Vision

Just came back from ASCM retreat last night. It was once more a time of refreshing and rest for me. But I am glad I'm home. Ready for work and ministry. I've been away two weeks for this and the Chrysalis Institute. So my body's kinda already looking for ministry.

During the retreat I've been given a vision from the Lord through another person. The vision was an image of me climbing a rope ladder. The destination upward is unseen. And I was climbing it with shaky hands that the whole ladder shakes. My friend asked me if something keeping me worried these days. I knew it. Besides the wedding (but I've settled in my heart that God will uphold us), I've been struggling in my heart for these past two weeks. The word that the Lord that has spoken to me has been that of one thing. Discipleship, taking risks. I was reminded to remember His promise before I entered the seminary. That calling was so vivid it's hard to forget. Yet somehow I find myself today scattered in ministry. Ptr. Sam Sade's message on Keeping in Step with the Church where in one of the points he talks about Narrowing My Focus. It hits me bullseye. Anyway, I remember other people who have given me visions of where I would be going. I was told I am worried and fearful. Yes, I am, with a lot of things, especially people--what people would say if I took a step. This two week journey might have been very important for me. I think I know what I will do, with the assurance of the Lord. Lord, I ask for more grace when my pace is slow. My desire is that you be glorified in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment