Song For You

by The Carpenters

I've been so many places in my life and time | I've sung a lot of songs and I've made some bad rhymes | I've acted out my life in stages with ten thousand people watching | But we're alone now and I'm singing this song for you

I know your image of me is what I hope to be | I've treated you unkindly but darling can't you see | There's no one more important to me | Baby, can't you see it through me | 'Cause we're alone now and I'm singing this song to you

You taught me precious secrets of a true love withholding nothing | You came out in front when I was hiding | But now its so much better and if my words don't quite come together | Listen to the melody 'cause my love is in there hiding

I love you in a place where there is no space or time | I love you for my life, you are a friend of mine | And when my life is over remember when we were together | We are alone now, and I'm singing this song to you

No comments:

Post a Comment