Today I had a very fruitful meeting with my pastor. We had lunch in this newly opened authentic noodle house in Benavidez, I don't know what's it called because it's in Chinese. Their space is small and people are really willing to wait for vacant tables just to eat there. We had our fair share of waiting and waiting until finally we got to sit with a stranger couple. Nevertheless, it's about the noodle, my pastor brags, and truly one could say it is truly an authentic noodle house. Their managers are GI's (inside term meaning genuine Intsik - those who came from the mainland). It's new, it's good, it's affordable and in demand.

In the afternoon our youth visited MV Doulos instead of our usual fellowship. Since 2007 it's surprising that our attendance has climbed compared to the previous year. We had to walk from church over to Jones Bridge where the South Harbor jeep passes. I've realized that I have a fascination with tunnels under the bridge, I don't know why. When we reached the pier, it was another walk to the dock itself and to our shock the queue was so long. But after 30 minutes more or less we're in. Bookstore is still the same after 6 years since I've been into Doulos. It's difficult to buy books because there's so much to choose from. In the end I bought 3 books: "Passion and Purity" by Elizabeth Elliot, "Divine Intervention" by James Edwards, and "The Day I was Crucified: As Told by Jesus Christ" by Gene Edwards. Who cannot miss the famous Doulos homemade ice cream. Even though the queue was again long, I had to Binondo and had dinner at McDonald's. It was a fruitful day for me. 3 new books to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment