Day in the Life

(Original post: Yesterday)

Very long day today. Woke up today at around 8AM. Today is my campus ministry day. But I didn’t feel like going to the campus today. I am a bit discouraged about the low turnout in our ministry at CCM. Nevertheless I still went, late by an hour. I found our company by the upper staircase at the back of the school. Annie’s discipling Millie, her classmate and a new Christian. She began attending our Saturday Carecells and Sunday service last week which was great because I think it’s a big step for her to becoming committed to Jesus. Netty’s also doing one-on-one with a student she was able to share faith with last week. Me, I had nothing to do. I was able to find the guys I’ve made friends with last week, but this time they were cold towards me, like “we’re not close”. I don’t wanna appear clingy so I thought “OK fine” and moved on. There are still more students to talk to. But inside me I’m growing frustrated about my work in CCM. Perhaps “discontented” would be a better word. But anyway, by lunchtime, Netty and I went to see Ate Merla at the staff house for lunch.

We dropped by SM Manila to buy pasalubong for Ate Merla & Joan. She invited us to lunch there. We arrived there around 12:30. After lunch I began to feel sleepy (which have been recently happening to me when I finish a meal), so I borrowed a sleeping mat and dozed off by the living area floor while Netty, Ate Merla and Joan chatted the whole afternoon. I woke up at around 4:30 in time for Ate Merla and Joan to go to their campus meeting in Morayta. We parted at Morayta and Netty and I went to Tutuban to pick up the tarpauline we had printed for our December camp. After that we weaved through the crowd in Divisoria to take a jeepney to Malate to have the camp IDs printed. After leaving the printing job for later pick-up we went to Robinson’s Manila for dinner. Both of us were craving for Jolibee Chickenjoy since the night before, so to Jolibee we went. After dinner I accompanied her to the FX station and bid our goodbye. Though it was a tiring day. It was a day well spent because I was with Netty.

No comments:

Post a Comment