Web 2.0 and Prince Caspian

Day 7 of cough marathon. Somehow the sneezing has stopped. Flu and Flem aren't ready to say goodbye.

+

Just stayed at home today. Work day. Finally after days of wringing ideas for a new website project I've already produced one. It's my first attempt of intentially designing a Web 2.0 friendly design. Web 2.0 is an emerging trend (or has it become mainstream already) on the Internet. Design-wise it's characterized (I think) by bright colors, blog-like layout, wide spacing between texts, generous use of bevels, shadows and reflections, use of graphic art and user-interaction friendly. I never quite got the hang of it at first. But I'm starting to like it.

Several examples are found here: http://tutorialblog.org/wide-web-20-style/

+

Finished reading Prince Caspian today. I was surprised that I was able to finish it that quick. And surprised even that the plot was shorter than I had expected. It's a good read, but The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is still the best for me among the two. I think I'll proceed with reading the others. I learned from Wikipedia that LWW and Prince Caspian are the 1st and 2nd of the series in order of publication but 2nd and 4th respectively in order of chronology. But one doesn't need a lot of refresher reading Prince Caspian because it picks up a year after the Pevensies left Narnia. Somehow I'm intrigued of what will be the outcome of the movie. I read that they have to add some plots and story arcs for this movie to make it more exciting. I hope they'll bring the rest of the books to the big screen just like Harry Potter.

And again, looking for another book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment