Life in A Nutshell: Christmastime Ramblings

Just came home two hours ago from our church's Christmas party. Great fellowship and food time. Just that an unanticipated number of Christmas games were played because there were more than one game master, one was me, and another one who led something like Eat Bulaga's Itaktak Mo game gone wrong :) So we finished around 11PM already. Got home around 12, because I had to meet a client before the Christmas vacation.

I realized that exchange gifts has lost its essence in the context of large groups and small amounts. I handed about a number of mugs, picture frames and towels, obviously shaped under a Christmas wrapper. It's like what's the point if you participate in an exchange gift then you give away what you received, I don't understand that. I wasn't able to participate in the exchange gift because didn't have time to buy today because of preparations.

Youth camp is less than a week from now. It's what has been demanding my attention nowadays. Last week I was like ruffled because of sudden disruptions in plans after what seemed to be a smooth-sailing preparation. But indeed God is faithful and good, this week one by one every concern is being solved and everything's falling to place. It's really amazing, knowing that there's no other explanation how it happened except that God is very involved. Praying and expecting great and marvelous things for the camp. To date pre-registration has been hitting around 90-100 youths. Very, very excited.

This year's Christmas season is a bit different for me. Somehow I wasn't able to soak in it. It was a promising foresight months ago, but now that it's here I feel needing more of the Christmas spirit. I don't mean losing sight of the true meaning of Christmas which is the birth of Jesus Christ and that sense of gratitude. But I'm looking for that MAGIC that as if year by year eludes me as I grow older. I miss that. Perhaps because my attention is in the camp. Perhaps it's the climate, it's quite sunny during the day and warm in the evening, unlike earlier this December. But still there's more to celebrate, somehow I realize it's no different day than others, thanking and in silent awe and gratitude of the blessings of family and loved ones in my life, of grace abounding.

Listening to Jars of Clay's 2007 Christmas album "Christmas Songs" worth listening to. I like their music especially those of nostalgic and folk. Also can't get enough of listening to the Relevant Podcast, the guys there are really, really funny. I'm addicted to podcasts now. I also got myself a one year subscription of Relevant Magazine.

3 more days to Christmas. Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment