Visit to the Doctor

Today was my last class for 2007 and I missed it. I was too late because of a home project. I felt too embarassed to show up and our professor has this gimmick of giving late students crazy consequences. Today was also my time to visit the doctor because of my sinusitis. So I decided to go early to the doctor. But first I detoured in Greenbelt to walk around. I went to Powerbooks to get Prince Caspian. It's showing summer of 2008. After an hour and a half I drove to Manila to meet my mom who was already in the clinic. It's been months since I saw my doctor and he has really blown up. He did confirm my ailment as sinusitis because I was experiencing headache when I cough. He also checked my eyes to see what's wrong. For months now my eyes get irritated once in a while and I can't help but scratch it. He said it my eyes were strained due to too much reading and computer. After the check up he prescribed four medicines for my sinusitis and my eyes.

After check up it was bonding time with my mom. We walked around Masangkay Street which was by the way changed in some ways. Masangkay is one of the main streets where I grew up as a high school student in Chiang Kai Shek College. A couple of new building constructions. One thing I noticed was the evolution of street food in the area. Before it was the common hamburger and hotdog stands, fishballs and junkfood. But now there are a number of stir fry stands which is tickling my curiosity. Street cuisine has become a bit sophisticated. Then there's Shakey's Pizza opened in the recent months (or years?) and it's a major flop. Outsiders usually think the common Fil-Chi will spend his regular day fine dining. That's why a number of restos in Binondo are short-lived or hardly anyone's eating except weekends. They forgot we are kuripot ... or thrifty. Anyway, we went to the drugstore to get my prescribed medicines. Bought some fruits and snacks on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment