Feeling bossa-senti tonight...

Girl from Ipanema
Antonio Carlos Jobim

+ Tall and tan and young and lovely | The girl from Ipanema goes walking | And when she passes | each one she passes goes, "Ah!"

+ When she walks she's like a samba that | Swings so cool and sways so gentle | That when she passes | each one she passes goes, "Ah!"

+ Oh, but I watch her so sadly | How can I tell her I love her? | Yes, I would give my heart gladly | But each day when she walks to the sea | She looks straight ahead not at me

+ Tall and tan and young and lovely | The girl from Ipanema goes walking | And when she passes | I smile, but she doesn't see | She just doesn't see | No she doesn't see


Love Is The Saddest Thing
Ella Fitzgerald

+ Once, once I loved | And I gave so much love to this love | You were the world to me | Once I cried | At the thought I was foolish and proud and let you say goodbye

+ And then one day | From my infinite sadness you came and brought me love again | Now I know | That no matter whatever befalls I'll never let you go | I will hold you close, make you stay | Because love is the saddest thing when it goes away | Love is the saddest thing when it goes away

No comments:

Post a Comment