"If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive (the world). But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them." Mark 13:20

I just remembered this passage shared by our retreat speaker Ptr. Dimla about how God is cutting short the days of man and that His return is near. True enough, these days are passing like minutes. I remember I just got out of bible school, and now it's mid-vacation, I'll be enrolling again soon. That's scary as in freaky. Days are moving so fast. Next time you never know it's Christmas again(! I like Christmas.) Then it's 2007 and I'm a year older. The passage says that it is for the sake of the elect (Jesus freaks; his chosen people) God is cutting short our days because if not the growing evil in the world will swallow us whole.

Lord, teach us to number our days.

No comments:

Post a Comment