The School of Brokenness

I have already finished reading A Tale of Three Kings by Gene Edwards. What a very powerful book. It shamefully speaks of me, in similar ways, an Absalom and a Saul to some people. Reading the book proves that truth can sometimes be very difficult to digest. Kuya Sur introduced me to this 'school of brokenness' which he is also a student. So now we're classmates.

It says there are two portions to God's being, if I understood correctly. One is power and the other is humility/brokenness. Which of the two would you desire to acquire if given a chance. More years, we've been praying for God's power and anointing, but within the far corners of our minds ambition a.k.a. pride slips into our hearts. Humility on the other hand is something we cultivate within ourselves. That was one of the contrasting qualities of King Saul and King David. The first sought power, the latter was an alumni of the school of brokenness.

I learned that during times of attack. David did nothing to counter-attack. What an amazing guy. And surely God fought for him. He didn't raise a hand over his enemies. Saul killed himself, Absalom was caught by the tree branches.

As I ponder this remarkable revelation. I am kind of confused where to place myself during my own times of threat and attack. King David simply did nothing, didn't counter-attack a smallest bit.

I pray that I may pass this school of brokenness. Brethrens have been saying that I will soon be subject to being broken by the Lord. It's funny because people think I'm this 'conio' guy who doesn't want to get his hands dirty. Well actually, I've been anticipating God's breaking in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment