My Banaue Trip

This morning I came from Banaue, Ifugao. I came home around 4 in the morning. It fortunately has been my second time to return to the rice terraces. Last time was during my 4th year college class trip.

I went with Kuya Jess and Mimi this time, only three of us. The purpose of this trip was to help Kuya Jess find a suitable honeymoon spot and we successfully found one! A very romantic place in a place called Hiwang. The Hiwang Native Inn was first an artist's garden collection of native Ifugao houses and wood carvings and now become a serene hideaway in Banaue. Truly a hidden treasure.

We slept in a native Ifugao house complete with free evening bonfire. We had the place for ourselves since it was not peak season. I remember when we went to Banaue, it was heavily raining in Manila, I thought it would be a very wet trip in Banaue but I was wrong, it was very sunny and its the planting season so the rice terraces are very, very green.

For those who would consider going to Banaue: Round-trip tickets to and from Banaue costs P600 (Autobus in Morayta), P1250 private jeep roundtrip from Banaue town proper to Saddle (farthest jeepney point after which one will hike for one hour to Batad) and from Saddle to town proper. P100/night stay in Batad. P500/24 hour stay in Hiwang. A rough budget of P3000 would be enough... For me I always take the more challenging roads..

No comments:

Post a Comment