Father, Let Me Dedicate

Father, Let Me Dedicate
Lawrence Tuttiett, 1825-1897
Rearranged by Michael W. Smith

+ Father, let me dedicate all this life to Thee | In whatever worldly state Thou wilt have me be | Not from sorrow, pain or care, freedom dare I claim | This alone shall be my prayer: "Glorify Thy name"

+ Can a child presume to choose where or how to live? | Can a father's love refuse all the best to give? | Let my glad heart while it sings Thee in all proclaim | And whate'er the future brings, glorify Thy name

+ Be glorified in me, be glorified!

---

"... But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead."

Paul the Apostle
His letter to the Philippians (3:7-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment