"Inner Ramblings in a Terrace at Noon"

Kalookan, noon:

I am sitting now at our terrace. Lounging; waiting. The day is bright, it’s noon. I can see trees swaying by the wind. Pigeons fly by my view. A sea of houses, suburbs. I can hear children passing through the streets. Tricycle, rooster, men, birds, running children, I hear. Viewing from a terrace lined with green plants, facing away from me and to their father sun. Terrace of grey marble. I hear a calm gush of water from the aquarium – left moss-covered and green. Cats bathe in light, licking their paws, playing with each other, a happy sight. I am lounging, thinking, reflecting. Bird perch by the terrace grills. It’s windy. Cat hair & dirt flies at random. Mama calls for lunch. I smell adobo.

Reflecting on my spiritual life, my character, my leadership, my romance, my future
Thinking what can I do, what I should have done, what I would do
I feel heavy, frustrated, content, calm, eager, limited, anticipating
Waiting for a friend, a hand to reach out in the midst of pawns
To see me as I am, not what I do or what I have or what I am supposed to be
I am a creature longing to be set free, free as a bird
At this moment, I sail alone in this life-voyage, composed yet pointless
Today I eat, tomorrow I die. Life is but a chasing of a wind.
I dream of shore, my Promise Land. But no land at sight…
Waiting, watching from a distance, putting meaning on what seems to have none
I feel insignificant inside my cloak of pride. My life would be a waste, if not for You.
I am learning to put my faith not on people of weak spirits but to You
“Search me, Oh God, and know my heart. Test me and know my anxious thoughts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment