Heaven Knows (The Angel Has Flown)

Orange And Lemons

There are times when I’m lying in my bed | Hug my pillow and cry from this tip again | And my eyes are like windshields on a rainy day | Almost rubbed down, swelling, as I keep on | Dipping my face in these cold hands of mine | Heaven knows how bitter I am

[+] ‘Cause this angel has flown away from me | Leaving me in drunken misery | I should have clipped her wings and made her mine for all eternity | Now this angel has flown away from me | Thought I had the strength to set her free | Did what I did because I love her so | Will she ever find her way back home to me

I’m so tired, I feel like catching forty winks | Being up all night in this elbow room | That puts me in a trance | Where hopes and dreams come true | Now my lips are burning and my eyes are hurting | From this fuse I mixed till I light another | Cigarette just to pass my time | Heaven knows how bitter I am

No comments:

Post a Comment