Yesterday I met a client in 7650 Makati. He was the company's project manager, an interior designer from UST. From the looks of him I assume that he was effeminate. After much awkward moments of silence and conversations, he learned that I am a youth pastor. I learned he went to church before and his mom is an active Christian. I also learned that he left the church in bad terms. I didn't want to look like I was probing too much about his personal life, but it left me mildly concerned, and sad that such things would happen to him. I wonder, is the Philippine church equipped and ready to cater to people who are in great need of a Savior's love and forgiveness? Much of the facade that we are building, at least what I see in my Christian environment, have been geared towards the "normal" person, the "minimal sinner". I thought, what if I invited this guy in our smallgroup, in our church service, will the congregation accept him? Will I eventually accept him? How does one reach out to a person who turned back from what he knew was the truth yet he perceives as already an unreachable state? I realize that it is only the love of Christ that will bring him back, a love that is not worried about "getting down and dirty." On this ramblings, I begin to admire and exalt the loving acceptance with no agendas, simply and pure steadfast love, Jesus expressed to us who are just so sinful. Lord, may I become like You.



The religion scholars and Pharisees led in a woman who had been caught in an act of adultery. They stood her in plain sight of everyone and said, "Teacher, this woman was caught red-handed in the act of adultery. Moses, in the Law, gives orders to stone such persons. What do you say?" They were trying to trap him into saying something incriminating so they could bring charges against him.

Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger in the dirt. They kept at him, badgering him. He straightened up and said, "The sinless one among you, go first: Throw the stone." Bending down again, he wrote some more in the dirt.

Hearing that, they walked away, one after another, beginning with the oldest. The woman was left alone. Jesus stood up and spoke to her. "Woman, where are they? Does no one condemn you?" "No one, Master." "Neither do I," said Jesus. "Go on your way. From now on, don't sin."

John 8:3-11


Last Sunday's missions convention was awesome. Pastor Joedy closed the 3-day convention with a message of vision. A refreshing and reviving message, just what we needed. Somehow my cynical perception has been lifted away. There's always hope.

I already have classes today. I just missed one. Got to subjects today. I still have post-sembreak bug. I might go to class later at 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment