Is God asking me to wait? Last night during Missions Convention at church I was burdened to cry for the campus, the University Belt specifically. I don't know if it was due to a "subliminal suggestion" from a friend. A few days ago, I was able to chat with Ate Merla, a campus ministry powerhouse in Iloilo City, and was urging her to come to Manila to reach the campus. The next day, she SMS me that she after much prayer and consideration, she is resigning from her office there and will be sailing to Manila. These are exciting days.

Today I received two SMS quotes suggesting to wait for the Lord's answer. It even became a consideration for me to work freelance just for this semester. A friend's advise echoes about not missing the opportunity, unknowingly "[coming]... for such times as this." May God's word be swift for I am growing impatiently excited.

On a side note, I felt cynical last night about the reaction of some in the congregation to the mission challenge. I thought we are good at laughing at light-heartedness of our speaker, but when it comes to actual "laboring" will there be hands that will raise up to take the challenge of prayer, sending and going? Forgive my melancholy (but I reserve a right to be skeptic), but are we shaping a congregation who warm their chairs and satisfy their fill? "There's not enough humor.. sermon was too long.." What kind of Christians are we raising?!

Few days ago Pastor and I were discussing about attendance trend in the church and obviously we're going into the "low months." I can see the frustration and disdain of my pastor. I want to say something but I am equally without answer myself. It is during these times that I realize the enormous pressure our senior pastor faces. One thing is certain, our church is lacking prayer, the backbone of the church. We need prayer. Enough of our excuse that prayer and intercession is a gift to certain people, just as evangelism is a gift to certain people. I remembered in the message last night, the speaker said if Jesus did the most in his ministry, it was PRAYER and GOING FORTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment