This afternoon I went with my dad to the STDC Section 2 Minister's Meeting at Grace Christian AG (Assemblies of God). I met Bambi and Kuya (now Pastor) Jess. The snack was great. I'm just new to this meetings. I met lots of pastors from other churches. Pastor Nadera was a funny and comical grand-pastor, but nevertheless respected by the congregation of pastors. After the meeting the three of us went for an impromtu gimmick.

We went to WOW Philippines in Intramuros. We haven't seen each other for months. Every one of us was very busy. Especially it's summertime where the young people are 'on the loose' from school grounds. It was a refreshing fellowship. It's always encouraging to talk to fellow young ministers who share similar sentiments and perspective in the ministry. We just sat and talked at the citadel on the Intramuros walls overlooking the golf course and the red sky til it was dark. After that we went for an eat-all-you-can dinner. It was a hearty meal of paella, sea foods, sisig and other local delicacies. What a break from a busy ministry.

Bambi and Kuya Jess are some people close to me. I consider Kuya Jess as one of my mentors in leadership. This guy pushed me to my limits that made me cry one time. He's from a AG church in Tondo. We've known each other for a very long time, like colleages. Now he's the associate pastor of his church. I got to know Bambi during a youth leadership training of our section. Also one of my colleages in the ministry. Her church is in Quiapo. A very nice, happy and good girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment