14 hours till Camp Week...

Lapit na.. next year I will be calling our Youth Camp, Youth Retreat instead... When you say youth camp kasi parang sobrang tiring and 'teeny' mashado. Hindi tuloy makarelate yung college and yuppies namin.. Retreat sounds better because it suggests rest, peace, reflection.

Our youth is different from other youth in our section. Besides being a Filipino-Chinese church, which caused hypes from other youth groups that we are surrounded with body guards wherever we go.. I think we have the most reserved group of people or I think just different in understanding the meaning of 'fun'. Kids outside would think we're a bunch of KJ's but that's the way we are.

Maybe it's because like personalities attract... birds of the same feather flock together as the saying goes. In our leadership team... we are bunch of melancholics. Imagine the benefits and downside of that... I even perceive my youth group as dominantly melancholic. Makes me wonder.. are personalities inherited? Because for sure I influence them one way or the other.. "Leadership is influence" 'ika nga ni Ka Maxwell...

In our youth, I think I am the person most exposed to other church youth cultures. Being staff member of a section-wide church org... I've pretty much had my own share of youth culture 101. Others are quite shocking... parang college freshmen days... yet, just needs understanding. Before I pushed our youth so hard to be something they are not... because I thought what I see on other youth group is what our youth should be... But now I understand and still struggling myself from comparing.

Just random thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment