War of the Immature and the Stubborn Update:

I heard some parent complained to pastor about the second night at camp. That was when Pastor Joedy asked us to express our love for our siblings, parents and friends. Some parents were there. As the youth director, I want to express my appreciation and love not only to the boys but also to the girls. This was not taken lightly by one parent. I hugged her daughter, it was purely a bro-sis connection. The parent didn't know it was me, and told pastor she wanted to punch the guy in the face... I mean, that was so uncalled for and shallow.

Well, I understand, as usual. The Chinese culture is very conservative. Men and women don't really do hugs and kisses and just let the love flow. That's why the third generation Filipino-Chinese fail to express their love to older generation Fil-Chi whose unaware that we are already in the 4th year of the millenium.

No comments:

Post a Comment